Celebrating its 40th Anniversary in the 2017-2018 season, the Toronto Children’s Chorus is recognized as one of the finest treble choirs in the world. The Chorus is committed to the enrichment of children’s lives through the discipline, teamwork and unique camaraderie of fine choral singing. The unparalleled music education and life-changing opportunities to perform exceptional music in local, national and international venues help to promote the personal welfare, growth and a portfolio of life skills that prepare children to become effective citizens.
The TCC offers artistic excellence, character-building experiences and leadership opportunities while nurturing musical academic and individual achievement. For 4 decades, the TCC has built a musical education structure that includes sight singing, theory training, master classes and workshops with expert clinicians while offering exceptional performance opportunities and collaborations with other musicians such as the Toronto Symphony Orchestra. The choir’s vast repertoire embraces diverse cultures and traditions and covers an extensive range of musical genres. The TCC has commissioned many new Canadian works that have greatly influenced the treble voice repertoire.
“Each time the TCC performs with the Toronto Symphony, I am struck by the maturity of their sound. The children are incredibly disciplined with a warmth and richness rarely heard in children’s choirs.”
- Peter Oundjian, Music Director, Toronto Symphony Orchestra
We believe in…
- Creating one of the finest treble choirs in the world through continuous learning, improvement, and personal growth
- Providing unique musical and educational opportunities to children and youth, offering life enhancing experiences through the study and performance of the choral art
- Performing the finest repertoire and championing Canadian works and new commissions
- Performing and recording in Canada and around the world
- Creating a respectful and collaborative environment that supports the well being of children and families
- Fostering a love and appreciation of music in our local, national, and world communities.
The Toronto Children’s Chorus is committed to diversity and inclusiveness in all its work. We work proactively to be fair and equitable in practice and to build diversity into our teams, creative communities and programs.
The Toronto Children’s Chorus is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in our programs and performances. If you require an accommodation, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.